We are actively recruiting for a number of research positions. Watch this page for current and forthcoming available positions with CARES, the C4T research group, the CLIC programme, and AMPLE.
C4T is CARES’ main research project. We employ researchers from chemical engineering, biotechnology, chemistry, biochemistry, information engineering, materials science and metallurgy to work on lowering the carbon footprint of Singapore’s chemical industry.
Cooling Singapore 2.0 is a collaborative research programme between CARES and various other CREATE entities. The aim is to develop an island-wide Digital Urban Climate Twin (DUCT) in Singapore by integrating relevant computational models (environmental, land surface, industrial, traffic, building energy) as well as regional- and micro-scale climate models.
AMPLE is a collaborative programme between CARES and NTUitive to advance the development of nanomaterials. The project will develop both software and hardware infrastructure that supports higher efficiencies and productivity of nanomaterials, commonly used in antimicrobial coatings, energy storage devices and composite materials. There are expected to be industry collaborations and a spin-off company created in Singapore.
CLIC is a collaborative research programme between the University of Cambridge and NTU focused on improving support for lifelong learning and cognitive agility. The programme launched on 1 October 2020 and is looking to employ researchers from the fields of neuroscience, psychology, education and other related fields.
1) Lab Manager We are looking for an experienced individual to manage our multi-disciplinary laboratory at CREATE that contains work related to flammable gases, high pressure, and lasers. The candidate will lead the laboratory’s safety, audit, and risk assessment procedures and should have clear communication skills. See more
2) IT Support Engineer We are looking for an IT Assistant to join our small IT team supporting a wide range of office and research computing needs to our researchers and scientists in their work. This junior IT role will work closely with our IT Manager. See more
3) HR Executive We are looking for a proactive individual to join the administrative team at CARES to support our scientists in Singapore and overseas across our research programmes. The junior HR role will be responsible for ongoing tasks such as recruitment and payroll; ad-hoc tasks include travel arrangements, providing support for visiting researchers and assisting with internal CARES events. See more
Project: The J-Park Simulator
1) Computer Scientist: The successful candidate will be expected to assume intellectual leadership in the development of the theoretical and mathematical foundations as well as the wider, ongoing development of our main software tool. This will involve keeping abreast of the latest web technologies, making key design decisions, and ensuring their realisation. See more
2) Research Fellow: The ideal applicant will assume intellectual leadership in the development of the theoretical foundations as well as the wider, ongoing development of our knowledge-graph and autonomous agent software. This will involve keeping abreast of the latest web-technologies, making key design decisions, and ensuring their realisation. See more
3) Senior Software Developer: We are looking for a talented and creative senior software developer to support the C4T research team. Primarily, we are looking for an individual dedicated to data-driven modelling, semantic representation, and visualisation of chemical processes and industrial networks of an industrial park. See more
4) Software Developer: We are looking for a talented and creative software developer to support the C4T research team. Primarily, we are looking for an individual dedicated to data-driven modelling, semantic representation, and visualisation of chemical processes and industrial networks of an industrial park. See more
Cooling Singapore 2.0
1) Business Development Manager: The ideal candidate is responsible for liaising with commercial partners throughout the project, which will include both coordinating the formulation of business agreements and trial activities in product development, and outreach. See more
Centre for Lifelong Learning and Individualised Cognition (CLIC)
1) Research Associate (Neuroimaging & Cognition): We are seeking a full-time Research Associate for a two-year term (with potential opportunities for reappointment). The candidate will support research activities focusing on cognitive flexibility and learning, and training-related brain changes among adults and adolescents. Given the highly interdisciplinary nature of the project, the candidate will be expected to take on opportunities for involvement in research activities related to human neuroimaging, language, infant cognition/learning, and pedagogy. See more