We are actively recruiting for a number of research positions. Watch this page for current and forthcoming available positions with CARES, the C4T research group, the CLIC programme, our joint project with Singapore-ETH Centre, Cities Knowledge Graph, as well as our smaller projects such as PIPS.
C4T is CARES’ main research project. We employ researchers from chemical engineering, biotechnology, chemistry, biochemistry, information engineering, materials science and metallurgy to work on lowering the carbon footprint of Singapore’s chemical industry.
CLIC is a collaborative research programme between the University of Cambridge and NTU focused on improving support for lifelong learning and cognitive agility. The programme launched on 1 October 2020 and is looking to employ researchers from the fields of neuroscience, psychology, education and other related fields.
Cities Knowledge Graph is an Intra-CREATE collaborative project under the urban systems theme. The project brings together expertise from Cambridge CARES and the Singapore-ETH Centre, established by ETH Zürich. This research aims to harness rapidly growing and diversifying data streams to improve the planning and design of cities. It will do so by developing an innovative digital platform, known as the Cities Knowledge Graph (CKG), designed to combine data and share knowledge about cities, and to inject new precision and responsiveness to static instruments of planning, such as the city master-plan.
PIPS is an industry funded project under the Pharma Innovation Programme Singapore (PIPS) programme. The project aims to synergistically and strategically bring together public sector research capabilities and domain expertise of the pharmaceutical industry to enhance the productivity and operational efficiency within Singapore’s pharmaceutical sector through leveraging novel manufacturing technologies and data analytics.
Internships and studentships
To see our internships and studentships, please visit this page: https://www.cares.cam.ac.uk/internships-and-studentships/
1) IT Support Engineer We are looking for an IT Assistant to join our small IT team supporting a wide range of office and research computing needs to our researchers and scientists in their work. This junior IT role will work closely with our IT Manager. See more
Project: C4T IRP 4
Project: The J-Park Simulator
1) Computer Scientist: The successful candidate will be expected to assume intellectual leadership in the development of the theoretical and mathematical foundations as well as the wider, ongoing development of our main software tool. This will involve keeping abreast of the latest web technologies, making key design decisions, and ensuring their realisation. See more
2) Research Fellow: The ideal applicant will assume intellectual leadership in the development of the theoretical foundations as well as the wider, ongoing development of our knowledge-graph and autonomous agent software. This will involve keeping abreast of the latest web-technologies, making key design decisions, and ensuring their realisation. See more
1) Research Fellow, PIPS C4 II (contract): We are looking for an individual dedicated to data-driven modelling and semantic representation with some experience in Python and Java. This project aims to develop a full digital framework for automated experiments within a digital factory. The overall goal is, to use ideas from Industry 4.0, the Internet of Things, the Semantic Web, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and statistics, to create an autonomous system capable of conducting closed-loop reaction optimisation. See more
2) Research Fellow, PIPS C4 III (contract): We are looking for an individual or a contract research organization with direct experience in machine learning based design of experiments and optimization of chemical processes. The sub-contractor will need to have access to a valid ASPEN license as well and would be experienced in setting up externally-run ASPEN models. See more
3) Research Fellow, PIPS C4 IV (contract): We are looking for an individual or a contract research organization with direct experience in machine learning based development of formulations involving polymers. The person or a contract research organization should possess expertise in chemoinformatics, feature engineering, supervised and unsupervised learning techniques, and a proven track record of working with ML methods for polymers and solvents. See more
4) Research Fellow, PIPS Digital Factory 2 (multiple positions available): We are looking to fill two vacancies of Research Fellows with experience in process modelling. We are seeking a candidate with experience in developing chemical process models and in simulation. Specifically, experience in modelling processes related to the manufacture of pharmaceuticals, such as multiphase batch and continuous synthetic chemistry reactions, crystallization, tableting, etc, using tools such as Matlab, gPROMS, Aspen Custom Modeller, or similar. See more
Project: Cooling Singapore 2.0
Research Fellow: The ideal applicant will develop models to study the anthropogenic heat emissions on Jurong Island and be involved in the development of the theoretical foundations as well as the wider, ongoing development of our knowledge-graph and autonomous agent software. See more
PhD not required
Project: The J-Park Simulator
1) Senior Software Developer: We are looking for a talented and creative senior software developer to support the C4T research team. Primarily, we are looking for an individual dedicated to data-driven modelling, semantic representation, and visualisation of chemical processes and industrial networks of an industrial park. See more
2) Software Developer: We are looking for a talented and creative software developer to support the C4T research team. Primarily, we are looking for an individual dedicated to data-driven modelling, semantic representation, and visualisation of chemical processes and industrial networks of an industrial park. See more
3) Computer Engineer (HPC): Our research effort requires the use of High Performance Computing, bespoke software, and semantic web technology including an artificial intelligence platform based on a knowledge graph. For support and development, we are looking for a highly-skilled, talented, and creative individual who is able and willing to work in a world-leading academic research environment. See more
1) Business Development Manager: The ideal candidate is responsible for liaising with commercial partners throughout the project, which will include both coordinating the formulation of business agreements and trial activities in product development, and outreach. See more
1) Research Associate (Neuroimaging & Cognition): We are seeking a full-time Research Associate for a two-year term (with potential opportunities for reappointment). The candidate will support research activities focusing on cognitive flexibility and learning, and training-related brain changes among adults and adolescents. Given the highly interdisciplinary nature of the project, the candidate will be expected to take on opportunities for involvement in research activities related to human neuroimaging, language, infant cognition/learning, and pedagogy. See more