We are actively recruiting for a number of research positions. Watch this page for current and forthcoming available positions with CARES, the C4T research group, the CLIC programme, and AMPLE.
C4T is CARES’ main research project. We employ researchers from chemical engineering, biotechnology, chemistry, biochemistry, information engineering, materials science and metallurgy to work on lowering the carbon footprint of Singapore’s chemical industry.
Cooling Singapore 2.0 is a collaborative research programme between CARES and various other CREATE entities. The aim is to develop an island-wide Digital Urban Climate Twin (DUCT) in Singapore by integrating relevant computational models (environmental, land surface, industrial, traffic, building energy) as well as regional- and micro-scale climate models.
AMPLE is a collaborative programme between CARES and NTUitive to advance the development of nanomaterials. The project will develop both software and hardware infrastructure that supports higher efficiencies and productivity of nanomaterials, commonly used in antimicrobial coatings, energy storage devices and composite materials. There are expected to be industry collaborations and a spin-off company created in Singapore.
CLIC is a collaborative research programme between the University of Cambridge and NTU focused on improving support for lifelong learning and cognitive agility. The programme launched on 1 October 2020 and is looking to employ researchers from the fields of neuroscience, psychology, education and other related fields.
1) IT Support Engineer We are looking for an IT Assistant to provide effective and customer-focused support to all CARES IT users and serve a wide range of office and research computing needs. The candidate should demonstrate the capability to clearly communicate and guide users on a variety of tasks (business technologies, hardware, repair, troubleshooting, etc.). See more
2) IT Support Trainee We are looking for a trainee with clear communication skills to support the IT Manager in their daily tasks. This includes setting up, installing, and supporting the purchase process of new machines, becoming a point-of-contact for users, and liaising with CREATE building management. All training will be provided and no previous IT support experience is required. See more
Project: The J-Park Simulator
1) Chemical Engineer: The successful candidate will be developing mass and energy balances, processing flowsheet models and process simulations to study and optimise the various industrial operations in Singapore. They would also be conducting life cycle assessments, identifying, and developing sustainable solutions for the chemical industry. See more
2) Computer Scientist: The successful candidate will be expected to assume intellectual leadership in the development of the theoretical and mathematical foundations as well as the wider, ongoing development of our main software tool. This will involve keeping abreast of the latest web technologies, making key design decisions, and ensuring their realisation. See more
3) Research Fellow: The ideal applicant will assume intellectual leadership in the development of the theoretical foundations as well as the wider, ongoing development of our knowledge-graph and autonomous agent software. This will involve keeping abreast of the latest web-technologies, making key design decisions, and ensuring their realisation. See more
4) Senior Software Developer: We are looking for a talented and creative senior software developer to support the C4T research team. Primarily, we are looking for an individual dedicated to data-driven modelling, semantic representation, and visualisation of chemical processes and industrial networks of an industrial park. See more
5) Software Developer: We are looking for a talented and creative software developer to support the C4T research team. Primarily, we are looking for an individual dedicated to data-driven modelling, semantic representation, and visualisation of chemical processes and industrial networks of an industrial park. See more
Cooling Singapore 2.0
Centre for Lifelong Learning and Individualised Cognition (CLIC)
1) Research Associate (Cognitive Flexibility in Adolescent): We are seeking a full-time Research Associate to conduct literature reviews and interviews, construct, evaluate and administer surveys, liaise with school personnel, and assist in quantitative and qualitative processing and analysis. The candidate should have excellent organisational skills and be interested in research at the intersection of neuroscience, social science, education, and cognition. See more
2) Research Assistant (CLIC): We are seeking a Research Assistant to help the CLIC team with conducting data analysis of collected datasets, assist with participant recruitment and cognitive testing, and set up brain imaging protocols. The candidate should have prior experience with machine learning, data analytics, and producing research reports. We welcome fresh graduates for this position. See more
3) Research Fellow (CLIC): We are seeking one full-time Research Fellow to support research activities on neuroimaging, and training-related brain changes in adults. The candidate will perform computational modelling and analysis of the neuroimaging and behavioural data from cognitive and related domain tasks, develop and implement neuroimaging data analyses pipelines, conduct analysis of data and summarise research findings, and liaise with other workgroups on multi-modal analyses. See more